Dr. K. B. Judal
Principal and Professor,
AREA OF INTEREST
- Unconventional Manufacturing Processes
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Production Technology
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE
- Manufacturing Engineering,
- Advanced Manufacturing System,
- Sustainable Manufacturing,
- Operation Research,
- Modeling and Simulation of Manufacturing System,
- Flexible Manufacturing System,
- Unconventional Manufacturing Processes.
- Computer aided Design and Manufacturing
- Unconventional Manufacturing Processes
- Abrasion based Hybrid Machining Processes
- Nano/Micro-Machining Processes
- Simulation and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes
- Finite Element Method (FEM) based Modeling of Machining/Finishing Processes
- Design of Experiments (DOE) in Manufacturing
- Soft Computing Methods (NN/FL/GA) in Manufacturing
- Ph. D.in Mechanical Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India, 2013
- M. E. in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM), L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) (Gujarat University) Year 2002
- B E Mechanical Engineering from L.E. College, Morbi (Gujarat) (Saurashtra University), Year 2000.
- Principal, Government Engineering College, Palanpur (Gujarat) from 01, April 2017 to Continue….
- Associate Professor, Government Engineering College, Patan (Gujarat) from 20, September 2012 to 31, March 2017
- Assistant Professor, Government Engineering College, Patan (Gujarat) from 01, January 2006 to 19, September 2012
- Lecturer, Government Engineering College, Patan (Gujarat) from 19, July 2005- 31, December 2005
- Lecturer, Government Polytechnic, Palanpur (Gujarat) from 04, January 2002 -18, July 2005
- Coordinator-College to Career Program, GEC Patan ( July-2006 to June-2008)
- Library Incharge, GEC Patan (September-2007 to July-2010)
- Training and Placement Officer, GEC Patan (August-2013 to July-2015)
- Convener, III Cell, GEC Patan (December-2013 to February-2016)
- Hostel Rector, GEC Patan (1st August 2013 to 31st March 2017)
- Workshop Superintendent, GEC Patan (1st April 2014 to 31st March 2017)
- Mechanical Engg. Department NBA Coordinator, GEC Patan (August-2013 to October-2014)
- Security Officer Incharge, GEC Patan (1st October 2014 to 31st March 2017)
- Coordinator Centre of Excellence (COE)-Automotive in collaboration with SIEMENS, Designtech at GEC Patan (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2017)
- Worked as Incharge Principal, GEC Patan (Approximately 45 days total) in Academic Year 2014-to-2016.
- Member-IQAC, GEC Patan (1st December 2014 to 31st March 2017)
- Member-Board of Governors Siemens Centre of Excellence-Automotive GEC Patan (1st March 2016 to 31st March 2017).
- Regional Head, Mukhyamantri Apprentice Yojana (MAY) (April-2018 onwards)
- Nodal Officer Placement, Zone-2 Node-2 Banaskantha (November-2018 to September-2021)
- Institutional Inspection Officer for GEC Godhra, GP Godhra, GEC Dahod and GP Dahod. (February 2020 Onwards).
- Zonal Officer (Placement) – North Gujarat (Zone-2) (October-2021 onwards).
Fellow – The institution of Engineers (Membership No: F-1288152)
- Samir K. Raval and K.B. Judal (2019) “A Review on residual stress in friction stir welding: causes, measuring techniques, nature of distributions, consequences and control, Gujarat Technological University International Conference, ICON-2019, March 14-16, 2019.
- Ketual Brahmbhatt and K. B. Judal (2019), EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON NATURAL FIBERS COMPOSITE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, International Conference on Advances in Power Generation from Renewable Energy Sources (APGRES-2019).
- K. B. Judal (2016), FEM based Modeling of Cylindrical-Magnetic Abrasive Finishing (C-MAF) Process using Unbounded Magnetic Abrasives, 2ndInternational Conference on Advancements and Recent Innovations in Mechanical, Production and Industrial Engineering (A R I M P I E -2016), ITSEC Greater Noida, April 15-16, pp.
- K. B. Judal and Vinod Yadava (2013), Plane Electrolytic Magnetic Abrasive Finishing: Development and Experimentation, International Conference on Advancements and Futuristic Trends in Mechanical and Materials Engineering (AFTMME-2013), Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala, October 3-6, pp. 319-323.
- K. B. Judal and Vinod Yadava (2012), A Study in Electrochemical Magnetic Abrasive Machining, 4th International and 25th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR-2012), Kolkata, December 14-16, Vol. 1, pp. 363-368. (ISBN: 978-93-82062-75-2)
- K. B. Judal, Vinod Yadava and Lokesh Mishra (2012), Development and Experimental Study of Plane Electrolytic Magnetic Abrasive Finishing, 4th International and 25th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR-2012), Kolkata, December, 14-16, Keynotes and Abstracts Volume, pp. 55. (ISBN: 978-93-82062-95-0)
- K. Pathak, Vinod Yadava and K. B. Judal (2012), Effect of Abrasive Particle Size During Magnetic Abrasive Machining of Aluminium Tube, 4th International and 25th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR-2012) conference, Kolkata, December, 14-16, Vol. 1, pp.374-378. (ISBN: 978-93-82062-75-2).
- N. Yadav, Vinod Yadava and K. B. Judal (2011), Machining of Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) using Simultaneous influence of Abrasion and Spark Erosion: A Review, International conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering (COPEN-7:2011), College of Engineering, Pune, India, December 10-11, pp. 353-358.
- K. B. Judal and Vinod Yadava (2010), Development of a New Abrasion Based Hybrid Finishing Technique for Fine Finishing of Difficult to Finish Materials, Proceedings of 3rd International and 24th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR-2010) conference, Visakhapatnam, December, 13-15,Vol-2, pp. 909-912.
- K. B. Judal and P. N. Boka (2010), Computer Aided Process Sequence Design for Deep-Drawn Components, Proceedings of the 3rd International and 24th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR-2010), at Andhra University College of Engineering(A), Visakhapatnam, December 13-15, Vol-2, pp. 1205-1210.
- K. Pathak, Vinod Yadava and K.B. Judal (2012), Development of Vibration Assisted Cylindrical-Magnetic Abrasive Machining Setup, Proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Advances in Manufacturing Technology, Chandigarh, March, 15-16, pp. 274-278.
- K. B. Judal and Vinod Yadava (2010), Review of Research Work in Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Process, Proceedings of the Golden Jubilee National Conference on Recent Advances in Manufacturing (RAM), Surat, July, 19-21, pp. 59-65. (ISBN: 978-93-80697-05-5)K. B. Judal
Expert Lectures Delivered
- Delivered Expert lecture on “Nanotechnology & Nano-composites” in short term training programme on “Computational and simulation aspects of Nano Science and Engineering” organized by Government Engineering College Patan (Gujarat) from January 18-22, 2010.
- Delivered Expert lecture on “Application of Genetic Algorithms in Micromanufacturing” in short term training programme on “Micromanufacturing: Materials, Processes and Systems” organized jointly by Mechanical Engineering Department and Applied Mechanics Department at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh) from July 08-12, 2013.
- Invited talk delivered on “Research Opportunities at Different National Institutes: Financing agencies and Criteria” in TEQIP-II sponsored one day workshop on Research at GEC Patan on December 13, 2013.
- Keynote lecture delivered on “Advanced Abrasion based Machining/Finishing Processes” in a 4th National Conference an Innovative and Emerging Technologies organized on 2nd June, 2016 at Smt. S. R. Patel Engineering College, Unjha, Mehsana.
- Expert talk delivered on “Intelligent Modelling and Optimization using ANN-GA” (on 05th December, 2016) in one week STTP on “Optimization using Modern Computing techniques” during 05-09 December, 2016 at Smt. S. R. Patel Engineering College, Unjha, Mehsana.
- Invited talk delivered on “Heat Equation and its solution using Finite Element Method” (on 11th January, 2017) in ISTE approved STTP “Introduction to Boundary Element Method” during 09-13 January, 2017 at L.D. College of Engineering Ahmedabad.
- Invited talk delivered on “Advanced Abrasion based Machining/Finishing Processes” (on 1st January, 2018) in a Short Term Training Program on ‘Advances in Manufacturing & Automation (AMA) during 1stto 5th January, 2018 at GEC Dahod.
- Invited talk delivered on “Advanced Abrasion based Machining/Finishing Processes” (on 1st March, 2018) in a Short Term Training Program on ‘Emerging Trends in major thrust areas of Mechanical Engineering’ during 26 February to 9thMarch, 2018 organized online via Video Conferencing by Directorate of Technical Education, Gandhinagar.
- Invited talk delivered on “Advanced Abrasion based Machining/Finishing Processes” (on 26th July, 2019) in a TEQIP-III Short Term Training Program on ‘Recent Advances in Micro Manufacturing (RAMM-2019) during 23-27 July, 2019 at BIET Jhansi.
- Invited talk delivered on “Journey to become successful Mechanical Engineer” (on 23rd December, 2019) during Seminar at Mechanical Engineering Department, GEC Patan.
- Invited talk delivered on “Intelligent Modeling using MATLAB (ANN)” (on 16th December, 2021) in ATAL FDP “Research Methodology and Optimization Techniques”(RMOT-2021) by Government Polytechnic Nashik (Maharashtra).
- Developed Computer Aided Design Laboratory equipped with Pro-Engineer, MasterCAM and Other Learning Resources at Government Engineering College, Patan.
- Developed Advanced Machine Tool Laboratory equipped with CNC Lathe (FLEXTURN), CNC Vertical Machining Center and Wire Electrical Discharge Machining System at Government Engineering College, Patan.
- Associated with many New Setup Development such as Magnetic Abrasive Finishing to plane surfaces, external cylindrical surfaces and internal surfaces, Cylindrical Electrochemical Magnetic Abrasive Machining.
- Many in-house Computer Graphics and FEM based software’s developed for the Simulation and/or Analysis of various Mechanical systems/ Machining Processes.
- Developed Mechanical Workshop with all required machines (Lathe, Welding, spot & Arc welding machine, Bench grinder, surface grinder including commissioning and electrification (October-2014 to March-2015).
- Developed Siemens Center of Excellence-Automotive with 09 advanced laboratories in the field of Product development and automation. (October-2014 to till date).
- Established “Design Lab” worth Rs.25,00,000/- under financial support of Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, Gujarat (August-2017).
- Established “SSIP Incubation Center” in Central Workshop of GEC Palanpur (Mar.-2021)
- Coordinated development of Modern Computer Laboratories, Seminar Halls and Conference Halls with all required amenities to achieve academic Excellence (2020).
- Co-Investigator in Research Project entitled “Cylindrical Electrolytic Magnetic Abrasive Machining (C-EMAM): Development, Modeling and Optimization” submitted to Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi worth 16,86,720/- (Three Year duration). Investigation going on at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad under Principal Investigator Prof. (Dr.) Vinod Yadava, Year: 2014-2017.
- Coordinator in TEQIP-II sponsored one week short term training programme on “Digital Manufacturing using RobCAD” at Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat during 17-21 October, 2016.
- Coordinator in TEQIP-II sponsored one week short term training programme on “Recent Trends in Automation & Control” at Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat during 24-28 October, 2016.
- Coordinator in TEQIP-II sponsored two week short term training programme on “Computer Aided Engineering using NX” at Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat during 07-19 November, 2016.
- Coordinator in TEQIP-II sponsored one week short term training programme on “CAD using NX” at Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat during 25-30 April, 2016.
- Co-coordinator in TIFAC, DST New Delhi sponsored one workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” at Government Engineering College, Patan, Gujarat on 21st February, 2008.
Short Term Courses/Seminars/ Workshop Attended
Development in and application of all solid state Lasers
09-01-2006 to 14-01-2006
CAD Using PRO-E
24-04-2006 to 28-04-2006
Induction Training Application
15-05-2006 to 27-05-2006
Recent trends in Nano-composites
06-11-2006 to 10-11-2006
Feb-2007 to Apr-2007
CFD & Heat Transfer
05-05-2008 to 09-05-2008
Product life cycle Management using CAD
14-07-2008 to 18-07-2008
Advances in Manufacturing
29-12-2008 to 02-01-2009
Computational and simulation aspects of Nano Science and Engineering
18-01-2010 to 22-01-2010
Micromanufacturing: Materials, Processes and Systems
08-07-2013 to 12-07-2013
SPIT, Piludara, Mehsana
Developing PEO’s PO’s & CO’s for Degree & Diploma Programme in Mechanical & Allied Branches
NITTTR Bhopal Ext. Center, Ahmedabad
30-09-2013 to 04-10-2013
Workshop on Curriculum Design, PEO, PO and CO
L.D. Engineering College, Ahmedabad
28-11-2013 to 30-11-2013
Online Course on Piping Engineering (through IIT Bombay’s Online Portal CEPGLOBE)
GEC Patan & LDCE, Ahmedabad
Dec-2013 to Mar-2014
Advance Machine Design (AICTE Sponsored under QIP)
02-12-2013 to 06-12-2013
Karmayogi Residential Training for Quality Improvement Program in Technical Education
Swaminarayana Dham, Gandhinagar
17-01-2014 to 19-01-2014
Workshop on Leadership Exposure
17-02-2014 to 19-02-2014
2nd World Summit on Accreditation by NBA
Hotel Great Ashok, New Delhi
08-03-2014 to 10-03-2014
Managing Multiple Perspectives in Institutional Development: Programme for Engineering Colleges of Gujarat, TEQIP-II
25-03-2014 to 27-03-2014
Intellectual Property Rights
27-10-2014 to 31-10- 2014
Advances in Mechanical Engineering & Allied Disciplines
24-11-2014 to 05-12-2014
CAD using NX
25-04-2016 to 30-04-2016
TEQIP-II Management Capacity Enhancement Programme
IIM, Trichy, Chennai Campus
20-06-2016 to 24-06-2016
Digital Manufacturing using RobCAD
17-10-2016 to 21-10-2016
Recent Trends in Automation & Control
24-10-2016 to 28-10-2016
Computer Aided Engineering using NX
07-11-2016 to 19-11-2016
NAAC sponsored Seminar on “Quality Initiative: Gateways and Pathways to Institutional Excellence”
03-03-2017 to 04-03-2017
Office Ethics and Personality Development
04-07-2019 to 06-07-2019
UDAYAM (Unlimited Digital Advanced Yearlong Academic
Method of Learning) E-Content Development Course
(KCG & Education Department)
28-07-2020 to 18-08-2020
COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPR)
Symposium of Vice-Chancellor on Building World Class Universities (With a Thrust on Quality Education, National and Global Ranking)
International Conference of Academic Institutions” (ICAI) – 2022 (Pre-Vibrant Event)
ONLINE(I-Hub and Education Department)
Education Department, Gujarat.
Venue: Tent City-II, Statue of Unity, Gujarat.
Science City, Ahmedabad
06-07-2020 to 14-09-2020
13-14 December, 2021
05-01-2022 to 06-01-2022
- Ketul Brahmbhatt – Rai University, Ahmedabad (Completed, Dec-2020)
- Nehal Joshi – Rai University, Ahmedabad (Completed, Feb-2021)
- Samir K. Raval – Gujarat Technological University
- Ashok R. Chaudhary – Gujarat Technological University
- G. D. Mistry – Gujarat Technological University
- N. N. Chaudhary – Gujarat Technological University
- Vijay. D. Patel – Gujarat Technological University