Hostel for Government Engineering College, Palanpur wasestablished in the year 2016 by the Government of Gujarattoprovide comfortable stay to the college students.The hostel comprises two separate buildings for girls and boys. The hostel is located very near to the college campus to ensure easy transportation.Students are accommodated in each room of the GECPL hostel building on triple sharing bases. To ensure conducive environment for comfortable stay and study, a Rector and three Wardens are assigned. Hostel serves as a melting pot where students from different parts of the country/state having different culture and background stay together and dine together like a family and learn lesson of mutual co-operation and goodwill. To promote healthy body and healthy mind, cleanliness and hygiene is ensured by the concerned authorities.
Administration of the hostel premise is done by the rector andwardens appointed for each block by Commissionerate of Technical Education (CTE), Gandhinagar.
Hostel rector: Prof H.B.Patel, HOD, Mining Engineering Department
- H.N.Chaudhari, Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department
- K M Korot, Assistant Professor, Science and Humanities Department
- F J Narsingani, Assistant Professor, Science and Humanities Department
- Well furnished rooms
- 24/7 availability of RO water
- Separate rooms for entertainment (TV), study/reading and gym/indoor games.
- Solar water heater
- 24/7 internet connection and Wi-Fi facility
- Beautiful and well-maintained garden
- Security Guards.
- CCTV cameras
- Mess facility (run by students on co-operative bases)
- Fees is same for boys and girls.
- Fees mentioned here does not included meal charges.
Rs. 1950/- for each semester + Rs. 1000/- Security deposit (Security deposit is one time payable and refundable)
- A student seeking admission into a hostel will apply in writing in the prescribe form(Available in the office) along with documentary evidence of registration for a Programme of study of the Institute.
- Fresh application is required for re-admission to the hostel.
NOTE: A student rusticated or removed from hostel when becomes eligible for hostel re- admission, shall not be allotted the same room where he/she lived prior to such rustication/removal.
- The Warden allots a seat/room to a student(s) keeping in view the seriousness of the ailment and merits of the case on medical grounds.
- Students belonging to P.H. categories shall be given priority for hostel accommodation.
- No student is eligible for admission to the hostel room unless he or she deposits the currently applicable hostel dues with the Finance & AccountsSection of the Institute
- The allotment of rooms will be made by the concerned Warden(s). No student shall be entitled to go to particular room as a matter of right.
- The residents should be back in the hostel latest by 10:30 p.m. Students whoare found outside the hostel premises after the stipulated time and involve inany violence or otherwise disturbing the peace on campus will be evicted from hostel forthwith apart from any other disciplinary action by the Institute.
- No non-resident visitor shall be permitted to stay in the rooms of the residents after 09.30 p.m.
- No female visitor including any girl student shall be allowed inside the Boys Hostel Wing and no male visitor including any male student shall be allowed inside the Girls Hostel Wing.
- Visitor’s stay in a hostel room in the absence of the resident is strictly prohibited. Violators shall be treated as tresspassers and shall be liable to be dealt with in accordance with law on the subject.
- Normally, guests are not permitted to stay in the hostel at night. In exceptional cases, with the prior permission of the Warden, blood relations~viz. father, mother, brother, sister may be allowed to stay in the guest rooms as per rules.
- The residents will be given furniture in their rooms according to the prescribed scale. Demand for additional furniture will not be entertained.
- Every resident is responsible for the care of the hostel property he/she uses.Residents found responsible for any damage or loss of the hostel property will be charged individually or collectively, as the case may be and they will also be liable to disciplinary action. The decision of the Warden(s) will be final in this regard.
- Residents shall switch off the lights, including table lights, fans and other electrical gadgets of his/her room while going out.
- Use of air-conditioners, electric heaters and iron, by the residents is strictly prohibited.
- Residents desirous of keeping expensive items, like personal computers, laptops tape recorders, radio, camera, mobile set, etc. shall do so at their own risk and the Institute shall not be responsible in any manner for the loss of such items.
- The residents should take care of their personal belongings and use their own locks in the rooms. The Institute shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the residents.
- Students/Residents shall not hold any meetings within the hostel premisesunless with the prior permission of the Warden(s) of the Hostel concerned and such permission should be normally obtained at least 48 hours inadvance of the meeting.
- Strictly avoid to throw garbage in the open area.
- It is advised that use the dustbin for the waste plastic containers / poly bags of food.
- The institute provides accommodation to boys and girls students pursuing undergraduate course. The details of rooms and seats are given below:
(1) Boys Hostel:
2 Seater Room
3 Seater Room
Number of Student
Total capacity of hostel blocks
(2) Girls Hostel:
2 Seater Room
3 Seater Room
Number of Students
Total capacity of hostel block
Students seeking admission in the hostel are selected as per government and institute hostel admission norms.