The Placement Cell in Government Engineering College Palanpur has been operational, with the dual objective of imparting preparatory coaching to students and listening with the industry to arrange campus selections. The cell trains the students for facing the personal interviews successfully and supports in enhancing their interpersonal skills as well as communication skills. The cell is headed by a Professor, nominated by the Principal and supported by the departmental coordinators. This is a student-supported activity.
The Training and Placement (T&P) Cell of the institute has been operational with the following objectives:
- To provide counseling to the students for their career development.
- To enhance the personal and professional development of the students by arranging special training sessions such as finishing school.
- To provide placement opportunities to the students by arranging campus placement drives.
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Department||Position|
|1.||Prof. P. C. Vasani||Civil||Training and Placement officer|
|2.||Prof. N. A. Patel||Mechanical||Assistant Training and Placement officer|
|3.||Dr. G. M. Savaliya||Civil||Departmental Coordinator|
|4.||Prof. P. N. Boka||Mechanical||Departmental Coordinator|
|5.||Prof. H. V. Hirvaniya||Electrical||Departmental Coordinator|
|6.||Prof. S. K. Modi||Mining||Departmental Coordinator|
Rules & Regulations to be followed by all students during campus placement
- Students should be well groomed with formal dress
- Boys: Shirt, trouser (Jeans not allowed), leather shoes
- Girls: Either Punjabi dress or Shirt and trouser (Jeans not allowed)
- Students should carry following documents
- Latest resume
- All original certificates and one attested copy of each of them
- Two passport size photographs
- Envelopes and stationary
- It is made mandatory for the students to upload their latest result on the placement portal. False entry in the data by the students will lead to disqualification in placement drive even if he has paid the fees.
- Departmental coordinator for placement activity will verify within week of declaration of results, the entries updated by the student and will approve that entry. Only the approved students will qualify for placement.
- Student should regularly check notice board in their respective department and placement website for any information regarding T & P.
- Students should report 30 minutes before the start of placement activity
- Students should regularly check email accounts, SMS and WhatsApp for any update regarding T & P
- Students should be in regular contact with their T & P representative
- Students should maintain discipline during campus placement or may be result on department from further opportunity.
- Students should enter their latest correct data on placement website at the beginning of the semester and keep it updated as an when there is any change or results are declared within two days. If data is not updated on placement website within two days then TPO is not be responsible to send candidates/ students name for placement process.
- The companies are grouped into following three categories on the basis of salary package:
- Grade A: Salary upto to 3.5 LPA
- Grade B: Salary in range from 3.5 LPA to 5.5 LPA
- Grade C: Salary greater than 5.5 LPA
- Student already selected in a particular grade will not be allowed to attend the campus placement for the company of same or lower grade. However, a student selected in lower grade company will be allowed to attend the campus placement for the company of higher grade.
- Penalty Rules: Student who has expressed willingness to appear for campus placement through visit created, if quits the procedure in between or does not accept the offer after selection, will be permanently debarred from further placements and will not be given any opportunity in any circumstances.
Finishing School Program
It is an “Employability Enhancement Initiative” of the Education Department, Government of Gujarat for imparting training on skill development for the students of Higher and Technical Education to make them Industry-ready.
The institute organize finishing school program for the final year students, every year.In this program students are trained for life skills, employability skills, english functional skills, etc. The expert trainers empaneled by the Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat (KCG) train the students for professional ethics, grooming &personal hygiene, body language, time management &punctuality, interview skills, efficiency, cover letter, email writing, resume/CV writing, presentation skills, group discussions, planning &organizational skills, leadership skills, etc.
Name of training
Number of Beneficiary
Finishing School Program First Phase of 25 hours
Finishing School Program second Phase of 25 hours
A. Y. 2018-19
Finishing School Program First Phase of 25 hours for Batch 8-9-10
Finishing School Program First Phase of 25 hours Batch 11-12-13
Finishing School Program second Phase of 25 hours Batch 11-12-13
Finishing School Program second Phase of 25 hours Batch 8
A. Y. 2019-20
Finishing School Program First Phase of 20 hours Batch 14-15-16-17
Career guidance &counseling for higher studies
The institute provides career guidance to the students through efforts of T&P Cell and Skill Development/Finishing school program Cell in coordination with respective departments. The Skill Development/Finishing School program Cell organizes seminar/workshop to enhance the employability skill, presentation skill, group discussion skill, etc. of the students. The faculty members provide guidance to the students aspiring for Government job/GATE/PSU’s and other such competitive examinations.
Major Recruiting partners:
Institute has now become center of attraction for many recruiters. Some of the major companies that visited the campus for recruitment thisyearare mentionedbelow:
- J.B. India Pvt. Ltd.
- Vasant Fabricators Pvt. Ltd.
- V. M. Industries
- ICICI Bank (ITM)
- Sai Villa Dream House Pvt. Ltd.
- Khodiyar CAD Center Pvt. Ltd.
- Sai CAD
- Guru Fab Industries
- Nilkanth Auto Care
- Pramukh Job Consultancy
- Riya Hyundai
- Vestige Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
Room No. 1102 ,
Government Engineering College, Palanpur.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No.: 6354781851