Prof. G.S. Patel
Assistant Professor , Mechanical Engineering
Cabin : Workshop (Building No 6)
AREA OF INTEREST
- Production Technology/Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Measurement & Metrology
- Manufacturing Processes – I & II, Production Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Basics of Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Quality & Reliability Engineering
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE
- Unconventional Machining
- Production Engineering
B. E. Mechanical Engineering from Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan, Year 2002.
M. E. (MSU, Baroda) in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Production Engineering, Year 2010.
- Supervisor Engineer for six months (5th August’02 to 4th February’03) at ARIHANT PUMPS PRIVATE LIMITED, Deesa Highway, Palanpur.
- Apprentice Engineer for one year (4th April’03 to 3rd April’04) at SANDVIK ASIA LIMITED, Rajpur, Ta. – Kadi, Dist. – Mehsana.
- Visiting Lecturer at K. D. POLYTECHNIC/GOVT. ENGG. COLLEGE, Patan from 30th April’04 to 06th November’04.
- Adhoc Lecturer at L. C. INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BHANDU from 01st January’05 to 31st December’05.
- Regular Lecturer at L. C. INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BHANDU from 02nd January’06 to 30th July’08.
- Assistant Professor at S. R. Patel Engineering College, Sihi, Unjha from 01/07/2010 to 12/05/2012.
- Assistant Professor at Gujarat Power Engineering & Research Institute, Mehsana from 14/05/2012 to 30/06/2016.
- Assistant Professor at Government Engineering College, Patan from 01/07/2016 to 01/11/2022.
- Convener, Central Training and Placement Cell
- Convener, Scholarship
- Committee Member, GTU
- Committee Member, Gymkhana
- INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (ISTE) (LM48148)
- Paper on “Strategic Discussion on Material Requirement Planning with Warehouse Management System” in 1st International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering, technology and Sciences (ICETAETS 2008) at Rajkot during 13-14 January 2008.
- Paper on “Safe Utilization of Advanced Nanotechnology” in 1st International Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering (ICRDME 2008) at Shaheed Udhamsingh College of Engineering & Technology, Tangori, Mohali, Punjab during 23-25 January 2008.
- Paper on “ABC analysis as an inventory control technique in submersible pump industry” in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (ETME – 2010) at G. H. Patel College of Engineering & Technology, Vallabh Vidhyanagar during 5-6 March 2010.
Expert Lectures Delivered
Short Term Courses/Seminars/ Workshop Attended
Title of Training
Place of Training
Total No. of days
Digital Manufacturing Using Rob CAD
COE, GEC, Patan
Recent Trends in Automation & Control
COE, GEC, Patan
I-FDP International Faculty Development Program
GEC, Patan & Mahatma Mandir
Latex for Academic Writing
General Department, GEC, Patan
Advance Computer Aided Manufacturing Techniques
COE, GEC, Patan
Induction Phase – I
ICT in Teaching and Learning (MOOC)
Online Unlimited Digital Advanced Yearlong Academic Method of Learning E-Content Development Course
Online Trianing, KCG Gujarat
Comprehensive Online Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Online Training, I-Hub Gujarat
Induction Phase – II
NITTTR Bhopal, Online mode
Technology Enabled Learning (MOOC)
Metallurgy for All
GEC, Gandhinagar, Online Mode